Nearly all of the incumbent members of the Williamsburg City Council have now filed to run for re-election.
Since Dec. 5, three additional candidates have filed to run with Whitley County Clerk Kay Schwartz’s Office.
Loren Connell, Patty Faulkner and Richard Foley have all filed to run for re-election and have joined fellow incumbents Laurel Jeffries West and Mary Ann Stanfill, who had previously filed re-election papers. Erica Harris is the only incumbent council member, who has yet to file for re-election. So far no challengers have filed to run in the race.
So far there are five contested races on the ballot in 2018.
Currently, the May Republican Primary ballot includes the following candidates in the following races.
- Whitley Circuit Court Clerk – incumbent Gary Barton.
- Whitley County Attorney – incumbent Bob Hammons.
- Whitley County Clerk – incumbent Kay Schwartz.
- Whitley County Sheriff – incumbent Colan Harrell.
- Whitley County Jailer – incumbent Brian Lawson and Curtis Surgener.
- 34th Judicial Circuit Commonwealth’s Attorney – Ronnie Bowling and Graham Trimble.
- Whitley County Coroner – incumbent J. Andy Croley.
- Whitley County Judge-Executive – incumbent Pat White Jr.
- First-District Magistrate – incumbent Scotty Harrison and Gary Brock.
- Second-District Magistrate – incumbent Lon “Chuck” Head and Edmondo O. “Mondo” Cima.
- Third-District Magistrate – incumbent Michael Jarboe.
- Fourth-District Magistrate – incumbent Robert “Robbie” Brown.
- First-District Constable – incumbent Lonnie Foley.
- Second-District Constable – incumbent Ron “Bubba” Bowling.
- Third-District Constable – incumbent Dorman Patrick Jr.
- Fourth-District Constable – incumbent Andy Moses.
The November General Election currently shapes up as follows with these non-partisan races.
- Williamsburg Mayor – incumbent Roddy Harrison and Dr. Bernard Moses.
- Williamsburg City Council (six seats) – incumbents Laurel Jeffries West Mary Ann Stanfill, Loren Connell, Patty Faulkner and Richard Foley.
- 34th Judicial Circuit Division One District Judge – incumbent Cathy E. Prewitt.
- 34th Judicial Circuit Division Two District Judge – incumbent Fred F. White.
- Third-District Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court (includes 27 counties) – Dan Ballou.
There is no primary election in these non-partisan races unless three or more candidates file for mayor, the Kentucky Supreme Court seat, or district judge or 13 people or more candidates file for Williamsburg City Council.
So far, there have been no candidate filings for 82nd District Representative, Whitley County Surveyor, Corbin City Commission or Corbin Mayor.
The filing deadline for all these positions is Jan. 30 at 4 p.m.