Member Login | Contact Us | Call Us Today! 1-606-528-9767 | info@thenewsjournal.net
default-logo
Disability Professionals, LLC

W.D. Bryant reopening Corbin storefront Wednesday

Less than a week after W.D. Bryant and Sons in Corbin was damaged by fire, the store has reopened. Employees were back inside the building on South Main Street Monday working to clean up the damage and had the mower shop area open for business Tuesday. Store officials said fire...

Fox Run Road home destroyed by fire Saturday morning

Firefighters from three area departments spent approximately seven hours battling a house fire on Fox Run Road in Corbin early Saturday morning. Oak Grove, Woodbine and West Knox firefighters were called to the scene off of Black Diamond Road at approximately 2:30 a.m. “It was a...

West Knox, Woodbine fire departments battle suspicious blaze

West Knox and Woodbine firefighters were called to battle a house fire on Ky. 233 Thursday afternoon. Firefighters were called to the scene approximately one-and-a-half-miles north of the intersection with Ky. 6 after a passer-by saw the blaze and called 911 about 2 p.m....

Residents say trailer fire on Dowis Chapel Road sparked by space heater

Residents say a space heater is to blame for a fire that damaged a doublewide mobile home on Dowis Chapel Road Friday morning. Woodbine and Oak Grove firefighters were called to the scene at 437 Dowis Chapel Road about 9:30 a.m. Dispatchers advised firefighters that no one was in...

Meth making may have sparked Friday shed fire

West Knox firefighters and Knox County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the scene of an outbuilding fire on Howser Street Friday night. West Knox Chief Darryl Baker said firefighters were paged to the scene off of Standard Ave. about 6:40 p.m. The shed, located about 30 yards...

Three departments battle blaze on Ott Road Tuesday

Firefighters from three area departments spent more than two hours Tuesday battling a structure fire in the Corbin area. West Knox firefighters were initially paged to the scene at 175 Ott Road off of Moore Hill Ave. at 2:25 p.m. Smoke and flames could be seen coming out of the...

Keavy, West Knox firefighters battle Monday morning trailer fire

Keavy and West Knox firefighters spent more than two hours Monday morning battling a doublewide trailer fire off of Level Green Road. Keavy Fire Chief Richard Bales said firefighters were paged to the scene on Fields Lane about 4 a.m. “The fire was at one end of it,” Bales said...

Dizney Street home destroyed by fire

Corbin firefighters spent more than four hours Sunday night and into Monday morning battling a blaze that destroyed a house on Dizney Street. Firefighters were called to the scene off of Kentucky Ave. just two blocks from the station at 11:15 p.m. Sunday. “It was fully involved,”...

Fire destroys family’s home in Gray Friday

Area firefighters were told when they arrived at the scene of a house fire on Indian Creek Road Thursday morning that they might be facing their worst case scenario – someone trapped inside. Firefighters were called to the scene at 150 Indian Creek Road off of Ky. 6 in the Gray...

Lily, West Knox firefighters battle blaze at machine shop

Lily and West Knox firefighters spent approximately three hours on scene Monday night to ensure a fire at C&C Machine Shop in Lily was extinguished. Firefighters were called to the scene on U.S. 25 about 6:30 p.m. Lily Fire Chief Doug Jones said when firefighters arrived,...