A Corbin home was damaged by fire early Saturday morning.
Corbin firefighters were called to the home at 401 West Fourth Street at 1:48 a.m.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they reported heavy smoking coming from the home.
The fire had sparked in a sparked bedroom in the home.
Firefighters said the occupants had the bedroom door closed when the fire began, which prevented it from spreading before they arrived on scene.
“We think it was sparked by a space heater,” said Lt. James Smith.
Damage was estimated at $16,000.
Firefighters were on scene until approximately 3:15 a.m.