Firefighters say an electronic device may have sparked a fire that gutted a Keavy residence Friday afternoon.
Keavy firefighters were called to the home of Lynn Collett at 1712 Laurel Lake Road about 4:15 p.m.
Keavy Fire Chief Richard Bales said when firefighters arrived, flames were shooting up into the air from the single-story home.
West Knox firefighters were paged to provide additional manpower as firefighters worked in the heat to ensure all hotspots were extinguished.
Bales said the source of the fire has been traced to the back bedroom of the ranch-style home.
Upon speaking with Collett, Bales said a television or electronic device in the bedroom may have been the source.
“We don’t know for sure what caused it, but it definitely started in that bedroom,” Bales said.