Keavy Firefighters had a house fire on Rooks Branch Road knocked down within a matter of minutes, but were on the scene for more than three hours Tuesday night to ensure it was completely extinguished.
Chief Ronnie Bales said it appears the fire at 1286 Rooks Branch Road started on the kitchen stove in the center of the house.
"Apparently, they left a burner on," Bales said. "But, we don’t know what fed the fire."
When firefighters arrived, smoke could be seen pouring from the roof vents. Within seconds, flames shot out of the back and front.
Firefighters made entry through the front door and used a second line to knock down the flames shooting from a second door at the front of the house.
Bales said that door led to a family room.
No one was injured in the fire.
In addition to Keavy Firefighters, a crew from Ambulance Inc. of Laurel County also responded to the scene.