As I write this, we are on the cusp of a new year.
To me, that’s always a very exciting time. I don’t know what it is about the changing of the calendar. For some reason, it always feels like a fresh beginning for me. Time to reset, reevaluate and set some new goals to accomplish.
Some personal, and fun things I want to get done in 2019:
• Make a big dent in my backlog of books. I feel like I read a pretty good amount, but I could do better. I’m reading Altered Carbon now. Can’t wait to watch the series on Netflix. Waiting in the wings: Revelation Space, Cloud Atlas, Seveneves, The Regulators, Feersum Endjinn and Jerusalem.
• I have a treadmill, and I love it. I feel as though I haven’t even ccome close to exploring all the settings and features it offers. So, I want to do that. And I recently acquired a Peleton exercise bike, so I am pretty curious about what all it can do.
• Declutter. I actually like trying to find ways to maximize space, and get rid of stuff I no longer want/need without just trashing it. Plan on giving away, recycling or listing a bunch of stuff on Ebay this year.
• The amount of good TV shows out now, and coming out in the near future, is insane. I talk to people all the time who rave about how good a certain series is. So, my goal is to watch four series to completion that I’m curious about. Seems doable.
• Save more money. I think I’ll join one of these services that automatically helps you save by rounding up all purchases and stashing away the excess in some account.
• Visit my mother more. Didn’t see her as much as I’d like in 2018. We should ALL make more time for our mothers! Happy New Year!