Nine arrest in North Corbin drug raid
Following a three-week investigation into drug trafficking in the area, nine people were arrested Saturday at Felt’s School Apartments in North Corbin.
According to Laurel County Sheriff John Root, Detective Jason Back and Deputy James Sizemore were assigned to follow up on a series of complaints about drug trafficking activity on Sampson Street.
Based on that investigation, the sheriff’s office’s Special Response Unit led by Capt. Rodney Van Zant was tasked to serve the arrest warrants Saturday morning.
The individuals arrested and their charges include:
• Everett Ellison age 36 of Old Barbourville Rd., Corbin charged with driving on DUI suspended license second offense, failure of non-owner operator to maintain required insurance, and other traffic offenses. In addition he was charged with a Laurel County bench warrant for driving on DUI suspended license – first offense.
• Michael Whittemore age 40 of Little Arthur Ridge Rd., East Bernstadt charged with a bench warrant failure to appear in court.
• Katie Gabbard age 37 of Felts school apartments, Corbin charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence, Failure To wear seatbelts, failure of owner to maintain required insurance, and numerous other traffic violations.
• Casey Lewis age 21 Felts School Apts. , Corbin charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Lonnie Sturgill age 26 of Felts School Rd., Corbin charged on a bench warrant.-for alcohol intoxication.
• Rex Fox 57 Felts School Apts. , Corbin charged with knowingly fraudulently use of ID card or electronic code for benefits – foodstamp card(Had someone else’s EBT card), trafficking in a controlled substance first-degree first offense and execution of a bench warrant for trafficking in a controlled substance first degree first offense. -- Subject was in possession of 46 Roxicet pills and a large amount of US currency.
• Charlene Fox age 65 Felts School Apts. , Corbin charged with knowingly fraudulently use of ID card or electronic code for benefits – foodstamp card – had another subjects EBT card in her residence.
• Brittany Carroll age 26 of Felts school Road apartments, Corbin charged with a bench warrant.of arrest for Trafficking Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense and Trafficking Controlled Substance 3rdt Degree, 1st Offense.
• Ricky Owens age 48 of Felts school apartments, Corbin charged with a warrant of arrest for trafficking in a controlled substance first-degree first offense and trafficking in a controlled substance second-degree first offense.
According to Root, Rex Fox allegedly traded soft drinks and a set of rims.
All the suspects were lodged in the Laurel County Detention Center
Root stated this is part of his department’s ongoing effort in the, “War on Drugs.”
All fields but Phone Number are required to submit a comment, but contact information is for internal communication only.