Fine Arts Association of Southeastern Kentucky presents the Annie Moses Band to kick off 51st Concert Series
A young and vibrant Christian family band that specializes in its own blend of classical, folk and pop music will kick off the 51st Concert Series season for the Fine Arts Association of Southeastern Kentucky Sept. 14.
In Corbin for a return engagement, the Annie Moses Band is the first of eight eclectic performances that make up this year’s series offering.
“We consistently strive to bring excellent, recognized performers to the tri-county area at a modest cost,” said Fine Arts Association Program Chair Betty Comer.
“The Board is very proud of the quality programming we are able to present this season and we hope you will join us often for as many performances as you can.”
The Annie Moses Band is a family of Juilliard trained musicians and award winning songwriters dedicated to spiritual excellence and virtuosity in the arts. Led by lead singer/violinist, Annie Wolaver, the Band includes her five siblings, Alex, viola, Benjamin, cello, Camille, harp/keyboard, Gretchen, violin/mandolin, and Jeremiah, on guitar and banjo. Add the veteran songwriting talents of their parents, Bill and Robin Wolaver, and you have a dynamic group with roots in classical, pop, and jazz.
The group played a performance for the Fine Arts Association two years ago, and is back by popular demand. Their new album, titled “Pilgrims and Prodigals,” is set to release Sept. 18.
The Annie Moses Band will perform Friday, Sept. 14, 7:30 p.m. at the Corbin High School Auditorium. The event is cosponsored by Whitaker Bank and the Corbin Tourism and Convention Commission.
This seasons Concert Series schedule also includes:
• The Saint Louis Brass Quintet - Tuesday, Sept. 25, 7:30 p.m. at Conway Boatman Chapel, Union College, Barbourville.
• Cinderella by the Lexington Ballet - Saturday, Oct. 20, 2:00 and 7:30 p.m. at the Corbin High School Auditorium. Performances cosponsored by Anne K. Hoskins.
• The American Chamber Players - Saturday, Nov. 10, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in Corbin.
• The Lettermen: An Early Christmas Concert - Thursday, Nov. 29, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in London.
• Mark O’Connor and Friends: An Appalachian Christmas - Tuesday, Dec. 18, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in London.
• The American Spiritual Ensemble - Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church in London.
• The Golden Dragon Acrobats - Saturday, April 13, 2013, 7:30 p.m., O. Wayne Rollins Center, University of the Cumberlands, Williamsburg. Event cosponsored by the Corbin Tourism and Convention Commission.
Season subscriptions can be purchased now. A subscription provides admittance to all shows.
An individual adult subscription is $75. Students pay only $15 with valid student identification.
Other sponsorship levels include: Friend $200 (two subscriptions), Patron $350 (four subscriptions), Sustainer $500 (six subscriptions), Benefactor $750 (eight subscriptions), Guarantor $1,000 (10 subscriptions), Producer $2,000 (12 subscriptions) and Co-sponsor $3,000 and above. All sponsorship levels include a listing in the program for each show.
Tickets for each show can be bought individually, at the door, on the day of the performance for $30 each.
For subscription information, visit Gibson’s Music, 112 South Main Street, Corbin or call: Betty Comer (606) 524-1354, Milton Dunaway (606) 546-4601 or Frankie Ball (606) 524-3091.
Payment for subscriptions can be mailed to Annasue Davis, Treasurer, 320 Pine Street, Williamsburg, KY 40769.